Monday, June 18, 2012

My Make Up Bag

This week, for my first post, I thought i'd start by talking about make up. I am quite weird when it comes to make up I have been told. For the longest time growing up, especially in middle school, I did not wear make up. Firstly, I didn't know anything about it and secondly because I wasn't allowed. My mother was not fond of her 11 year old daughter potentially traipsing around school looking like a girl from Toddlers and Tiara's. So by the time high school rolled around I wasn't really concerned with wearing it. I also went to an all girls private school (uniforms included) so that might have played a part in my nonchalance regarding make up products. Thankfully that no make up phase in my life is over and I am proud to say that I am now a make up fiend. Here is part of my routine and some of the products that I wear from day to day.


Moisturizing is key! I use the Clinique one that you see above! Another one of my favourites is Elizabeth Arden Skin Illuminating Complex lotion!


After moisturizing my next item is cover up for the bags under my eyes! I highly recommend the Smashbox brand! It blends in great with my tinted moisturizer and is my go to stick!

Tinted Moisturizer
Next is foundation or something along those lines. This tinted moisturizer is wonderful. I always get compliments on how pretty my skin is when I use it. Your face has a natural glow to it when you put this product on and because it's so light it is super easy to wear everyday! Plus it has SPF 20 already mixed in so as far as sun protection goes you are good to go! I also alternate between this tinted moisturizer and a heavier foundation from Bobbi Brown. Bobbi Brown was the first make up that I ever used (it is my mothers go to store) and so in the winter when I am looking for something heavier I find myself switching back depending on the day.

As for blush I tend to go with Bobbi Brown! I have it in the apricot colour shown above! Sometimes i'll also use a blush from Smashbox. It is actually just a really glimmer eye shadow but I loved it so much better as a blush so I use it as that instead. Sadly they don't make it anymore so I think that I will have to ration.


As for Mascara I have been using Sephora's Outrageous Volume. It has worked really well but to be honest I don't really mind where I buy my mascara from. I personally think they all work pretty much the same and some of my favourite brands happen to be ones that come from the supermarket! I think Covergirl's lash blast is phenomenal!

The most recent addition to my make up collection is Bare Minerals. I bought it to wear in the summer time when temperatures reach around 90 degrees. I love my tinted moisturizer as I mentioned above but sometimes powder is nice especially when it is super hot outside! I'll let you guys know my final verdict on it in a few weeks!

Eye stuff in here

Inside my big bag


The Kate Spade small case and the monogrammed bigger one



So that was a little introduction to what is in my make up bag! Obviously I didn't mention every single  items in my bags because we would be here forever! But I am always open to adding more products to my routine so if you have any suggestions let me know! I must say though that the biggest thing I have to say regarding make up is always go for the subtle look! My mother always stressed to me growing up that make up should always enhance not take away from your beauty.  I always aim to look "natural". I don't want people to be able to tell that I am wearing a ton of make up! So when looking for make up brands, always go with items that enhance your face! What brands do you guys like to wear? Any products that you can't live without?

xoxo, 
lRn



No comments:

Post a Comment