Saturday, May 11, 2013

Crazy, Sexy, Cancer Say What?

So a couple of months ago I came across a documentary called "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer" weird name right? Yeah I thought so too, but it isn't I swear.

Here she is in all of her glory. I am loving the hat!
It is about this lady right here and her crazy journey. Kris Carr's journey began after being diagnosed with stage IV incurable cancer. After getting no further help from the modern medicine world she basically decided to try some more natural solutions and a good old fashioned lifestyle overhaul. This meant a diet turnaround aka no more fast food and late night chinese takeout and many other life changes like quitting smoking, that HAD to go.



So that's is what she did! The documentary was pretty good I thought and after watching it I was inspired to go out and pick up her book Crazy Sexy Diet and let me say I was not disappointed.



Let's get one thing clear though this book really isn't a diet. It isn't eat this and shun that. Or eat that and workout for 5 hours after. Kris simply gives you information that she has learned about food, shows you how to apply it and let's you make the decisions from there. She even tells you why she eats the things she does and why she tries to save certain foods (like McDonald's french fries) for special occasions. Really this book is a win win.

Not only that but I simply can't get enough of the way she speaks/writes. I say speaks/writes because anytime I read something I imagine that person speaking it to me. Is that weird? I hope not. Anyways what I love best is that she is frank. She is simply a funny woman trying to share her knowledge with the world, and boy does she have a lot.

If you can't tell the book is going to be a staple on my shelf for years to come and I am so grateful that she decided to write it! So if you are interested go out to your local Barnes and Noble and pick yourself up a copy.

Namaste,
Lisette Rossman

No comments:

Post a Comment