Saturday, May 11, 2013

Reflections On My J250 Class

This post is going to be more a reflection so feel free to just skip on by or read, whatever suits your fancy.

As the year comes to a close and my time in my multimedia comes to an end, I can't help but think where it all started. I remember walking into the classroom not knowing what to expect. I was afraid of messing up but more determined to succeed.






The first assignment I loved. Going to that old junkyard and taking pictures of cars was the highlight of my week. I don't think I have ever felt more proud of a project.



But then harder assignments came and I started to doubt myself. Audacity was no fun at all and I swear to this day final cut hates me. Like it literally hates my guts but what can I do you know? Well I actually I do know don't hit your computer. It doesn't help trust me. Final cut still hates me and now so does my computer (I have a dent right by the power button to prove it).

Then after other assignments came the 30 second video and by golly I thought I was going to rip my hair out. Filming for that was no fun and getting a somewhat useable response from my interviewee was a nightmare. Let's just say I could have interviewed a slug and gotten the same sort of footage. Yeah it was that bad....

And then somehow it was the final project and I was standing at the front of the classroom presenting the labour of my groups hard work and it hit me. I had mastered J2150. I did it. Me.

So as the year winds down and finals week begins I must say that I couldn't be prouder of the way it turned out. Sure I wasn't all that great at cutting audio and final cut wanted to see my grade go up in flames but I mastered the class and with an A at that.

If you read this Kyle thanks for being a great lab teacher. You made it fun and I am happy that I got the chance to learn from one of the best!

Namaste,
Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment