Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review Of Zum Clean

While thinking about what to write it kind of hit me that I had been trying all sorts of clean new products! I thought why not share some great and not so great finds. So here goes! For this first review I decided to talk about Zum Clean Natural laundry Soap. I tried it in the sweet orange scent and my review on a scale of 1-5 is *drum roll*.....3 stars! Okay let's get into the nitty gritty of why!

Here is a little background on the soap from the company itself:

"Tired of the chemical detergent spin cycle? Clean up the way you clean your skivvies with a handmade laundry soap. We're talking a nudist colony of coconut oil soap for cleaning and 100% pure essential oils for an all-natural scent. Plus baking soda to remove stains and smells. You won't find these dirty words: detergents, optical brighteners, chlorine, parabens, phosphates, petrochemicals or sulfates."

What a cool product right? Alright let's get on with the things I liked:

1. The Smell: I must say one of my favourite things about the soap is the way it smells, it's divine! It is clean, it's light and it's not at all overpowering! And what's better is there are no nasty headaches like I would get from chemically composed scents like garden fresh or tropical breeze. Rock on!

2. It's great for sensitive skin: It is so so gentle! A big plus is that since it has essential oils you don't have to use fabric softener! Your clothes come out of the dryer (or off the drying rack) very cuddly.

3. It's HE approved: It was made with HE washers in mind! So feel free to run out and get some ASAP.

4. The price: At 21 dollars a pop this stuff was not expensive at all! When you consider the fact that you get 64 loads that is pretty hard to beat. And tide is around the same price so that kind of puts things into perspective.

Here are some things I didn't love so much:

1. The need for warm water: I try and make my washing sessions as eco friendly as possible which means washing with cold water. But I found that my clothes were not nearly clean enough for my liking when I did this and sadly had to resort to using warm warm to get them clean.

2. Gym Clothes Oh No: This stuff was not great for gym clothes or clothes that you do any sort of dirty or sweaty activity in. Let's put it this way my equestrian clothes would never get clean with this stuff and if they did it would be after multiple washes and some help from shout :(

So overall I think this soap was a good try. I am still looking for something with a little more cleaning power and good fragrance (Biokleen I hear is a good option). As soon as this bottle runs out I am off to try that one! I'll let you know!

Namaste,
Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment