Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ah Ah I Work Out


That song used to be one of my favourites to jam to while going for a quick run before work or exercising on the elliptical at the gym. I can't say that working out was my favourite hobby in the world beforehand but that all changed recently! A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across hot yoga when I accompanied my best friend to a lulu lemon sponsored yoga event.

Yikes!

My teacher Heidi

At first I must say we were a little overwhelmed, I mean hot yoga is no joke and the women there were contorting their bodies in all sorts of positions (as you can see from the picture above). But, now that I have been doing it for a couple of weeks I can honestly say that it is one of the best workouts I have ever done. It works every part of your body and what I like most is that I am toning my body with my own body weight! Also it never gets boring, we use different things like blocks or straps to help us when we are trying new poses. I think though, what I like best about yoga is ALL of the cute outfits! I mean are you guys seeing what I am? I foresee a much needed lulu lemon shopping spree in the near future, wouldn't you guys agree? I mean look at all of these cute options!

This is THE mat...need I say more?

This tank is too die for

Pink my fav!

Leggings!

Every girl needs another gym bag right?
I mean the lulu lemon mat is definitely at the top of my list. It is top notch in the yoga world although I am torn between this one and a brand called Jana. I use the Jana one in the studio all the time and it's perfect! I never slip and its plushy enough that my hands don't get sore from staying in my downward dog for extended lengths of time. The tank like I said is super cute. It is also made from a light material so it's perfect for the 90 plus degree room that I am in. I love love LOVE the lightweight jacket and tried it on in person when I was at the mall and it is definitely a must have! As for the leggings and the bag, a girl can never have too many right? What ways do you guys like to stay fit! I love hearing suggestions and am always open to trying new things!

xoxo,
lRn

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I've been wanting to try hot yoga SO badly! I've heard it's an AMAZING workout! I'll let you know how I like it!

    P.S. Thanks so much for the follow! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete