Monday, June 11, 2012

Bonjour, Guten Tag, Ciao, Nice to Meet You!

Hi everyone, I must say it feels weird to be writing this post instead of reading it on someone else's blog! I have been reading blogs for around a year now and thought it would be a good idea to start my own! I figure I should probably tell you guys a little bit about myself
  • I just turned 19
  • This will be my sophomore year at university in Missouri
  • I am majoring in journalism
  • I love all things preppy (I think classics never go out of style)
  • I have a younger brother named Edward
  • I love reading books on etiquette, I must have gotten it from my mother since she sent me to etiquette school 3 times (at different stages in my life of course!)
  • I have a miniature poodle/bichon mix named Sherman and I adore him
  • My current obsession is a navy ruffle dress that I found at Ralph Lauren (I am thinking it will perfect for the 4th of July)
  • Some of my favourite stores include Nordstrom, Jcrew, Lilly Pulitzer, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines and then some french stores like Cyrillus, Le Petit Bateau and Aigle
  • My signature scent is Twirl by Kate Spade
  • I love love love to read and my book of choice right now is The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
  • I am in a sorority (Kappa Alpha Theta) 
  • I am an equestrian, I have ridden forever now and the first thing that I am going to buy when I graduate from university is a very nice show horse 
Now that you guys know a little bit about me here is what I was up to this week:
During the week my friends and I went to a times flies concert downtown and it was definitely a lot of fun! I had never heard of the band before but my friends love them so I was eager to see what this band was all about! I can now proudly tell you that it is a two man band, one guy sings while the other guy raps and I must say they were pretty cool! They even took two girls up on stage (I bet their nights were made for sure). Afterwards the girls and I grabbed some ice-cream and hightailed it out of there. Being downtown at night even in the nicer parts gives me the heebie jeebies, probably because I don't go down there very often so I don't know my way around as well.
Us goofing off before the concert at dinner
This weekend was also very busy for me, I went shopping with my favourite gal aFk. She is an absolute gem and loves all things preppy like me. She cracks me up because she says we are a rare breed since none of our friends understand our "style" choices. We started off the shopping extravaganza by purchasing a pair of white Jacks from nordstrom. She was a little nervous about the purchase at first since she wasn't sure about the colour but I reminded her that white jacks are something that every girl should have in her closet! After perusing the other stores our purchases from the evening came out to be the white Jack Rodgers, a blue cardigan from Jcrew, a fabulous pair of Joe's Jeans (we got them for a steal at the tj maxx around the corner!) and a very cute red print dress! So all in all I'd say the shopping trip was a success!


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and hopefully you all can bear with me as I learn the ropes of the blogging world!

xo,
lRn

No comments:

Post a Comment