Friday, June 29, 2012

Interview Time!

First of all happy Friday everyone! We made it! This week all I can say is that I deserve some ice-cream and a good book as compensation for the stress I endured. Anyways, I thought that for today's post I would interview one of my good friends aFk and ask her some questions about her preppy lifestyle! But before I do, I will introduce my subject!

aFk
This is my fav gal aFk! She is an absolute gem and I am so happy that I am interviewing her for today's post. I know that I have mentioned this in previous posts, but we are literally two preppy peas in a pod. Her wardrobe is always to die for and I always find myself lusting after one piece or another. She has a slight obsession with monogramming things, and when I say slight obsession I mean she monograms anything that moves. She currently lives in South Carolina where she is attending culinary school. She hopes to open her own bakery someday, and has promised to send me free goodies as soon the day it opens! Well that's it for the introductions, let's get to the questions!


QUESTION #1: What are some items that every preppy girl should have in her closet this summer? Are there any staples that you can't live without?
"I think that every girl should have a few Oxfords, a good pair of flats (I love my Tory Burch ones), various Jack Rogers, some good belts (my fav are the skinny leather belts from Jcrew and quite a few chinos from Jcrew. They should also have an assortment of Lilly dresses, a collection of cardigans, and at least one good pair of jeans. Some of my favourite jeans are Joe's, Seven For All Mankind and Citizens of Humanity. The items that I mentioned above are staples in my closet and I don't know what I would do without my trusted Jcrew chinos! I also think that every girl should have a statement piece, and my maxi dress is just that. It is my favourite because I bought it when I was with lRn and because it is one of the bolder items in my closet! It is such a fun outfit to break out for special occasions" 


QUESTION #2: What does being preppy mean to you?
"To me preppy means staying true to the classics! It means that my look is timeless. Fifteen years from now my oxfords will still be in style . It means buying good quality items because you want them to last forever. I mean what little girl wouldn't want a Lilly dress that her mother purchased years ago (and with quality items this sort of thing is definitely achievable)! It is about your attitude and the way that you carry yourself. For instance, there is no sense in dressing well if you have a poor attitude!"


QUESTION #3: What are your favourite preppy stores to shop at? What was your last purchase?
"One of my favourite stores to shop at is Jcrew! Every time I am in there I seriously want to buy everything in sight! I also love Ann Taylor, Nordstroms, and small local boutiques. The last item that I bought was a pair of yellow chinos from Jcrew (go figure!)"


QUESTION #4: I asked aFk to put together her ideal preppy outfit and here it is:
-Pink Naomi top (Jcrew),
-White matchstick jeans (Jcrew)
-Gold thong sandals (Tory Burch)
-Drop pearl earrings
-Watch (Michael Kors)
-Cuff (David Yurman)
-Cross body (Kate Spade)



QUESTION #5: What are some preppy items that you are currently lusting over?
"I am currently obsessed with Michael Kors watches! I am absolutely dying to have one! lRn has a Tory Burch side bag that I want! I would also love a different VV tote, and as I said above I lust over just about anything and everything that I find in the Jcrew store!"


I hope you all enjoyed hearing aFk's preppy essentials! What are some things you think that every prep should have?
xoxo,
lRn

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. My name is Mariel and I just found your wonderful blog. I love everything preppy and love this post on being preppy! I just started following your blog and cannot wait to read and follow up on all you have to post and hope you follow back so we can comment on each others posts going forward!

    ReplyDelete