Thursday, June 28, 2012

While The Parents Are Away, The Kids Will Play



Ah Babysitting!



So this summer as you guys all know I have been really busy working! I work at BCBG but in addition to that I also babysit! The activities that I do with the kids varies on a day to day basis. One day can consist of just staying at home and making crafts or baking cookies, while another day I may be required to take them to karate practice, the local amusement park or a doctor's appointment. That being said my agenda for the day usually dictates what I wear! Here are a few looks that I have put together that showcase my babysitting outfits from day to day!

OUTFIT #1:On the far left is pretty much my everyday outfit. This look is super easy to throw on. The cotton Polo t shirt keeps me cool in the summer when I am running around after the kids and Jcrew Chino shorts are my favourite! As for the shoe, what outfit would be complete without my trusted platinum Jack Rogers! 
OUTFIT #2:The second outfit is something that I might wear if I was required to take the kids somewhere important like the doctors office, preschool or even out to dinner. This Jcrew ruffle top is super simple but I love how I look put together at the same time! I also love my dark Jcrew toothpick jeans for occasions like this! Sometimes I will even roll them up to make them into capris! As for my sandals I often alternate between my Jacks and my black patent leather Tory Burch ones.
OUTFIT #3:Look number three is all about comfort! This is something I would wear if I was crafting with the kids at home or if I was taking them to the country club to swim. I won't be too hot in this outfit and if I get wet or messy it's no big deal! If I am not wearing an actual workout shirt I will often wear a Hanes cotton v neck. They are so soft and great for days when crafts might get a bit out of hand! On my bottom half I will often either wear a tennis skirt or norts, it really just depends on what is clean at the time! Last but not least I am obsessed with Rainbows and don't know what I would do without them. They are my go to flip flop and I have them in brown and tan. I will usually just slip on whichever ones I find first!
JEWELRY:I put my everyday jewelry on here because regardless of where I am going I will always be sure to be wearing these items. Plain pearl earrings (every preppy girls staple). My Tiffany tennis bracelet is always on my wrist. I feel naked without it, I even ride with it on. I also wear a Tiffany ring on my right middle right finger and then a promise ring on my left ring finger. The Tiffany ring just says T and Co on it and then my promise ring is something that my parents and I had made (it was an 18th birthday present).

Those are a couple of looks that I really enjoy! What about you guys, do you have any go to outfits?
xoxo,
lRn


3 comments:

  1. I'm nannying this summer, and most days, I wear Norts (Nike shorts), a t-shirt, my sunglasses and croakies, and my everyday jewelry! But some days, I wear just a dress over my swimsuit or a dress if we're going somewhere like a museum or the movies! All of your outfits are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Just discovered your blog, welcome to the blogging world! I love your blog, so fun and classic! your post cute moms to be was great..I love Rose Pope too! Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the middle outfit! Usually my go to outfits are shifts or jeans and a cardigan, and they work well most of the time.

    -Bailey

    www.prepheadquarters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete