Monday, July 2, 2012

Fourth Of July Festivities!

Is it just me or does it seem like June flew by way too fast! July came out of no where! It really is a bittersweet month for me because on one hand I love that summer is in full swing and on the other hand I am sad because that means it is almost over! By July everybody is home, my schedule has slowed down and it just seems like it's finally summer. On the other hand though I am sad because it means that it is almost time for me to start school again. Now don't get me wrong I really miss my friends in Missouri and can't wait to see them but there is just something about summer that I hate leaving. Even so I must say that the fourth of July is one of my favourite holidays! I can't wait to cookout and hang out with friends! Here are some looks I put together for the occasion!





Outfit number one consists of a lovely ruffle dress by Ralph Lauren! I actually bought the dress in navy and like it much better than the fushia colour shown here! The dress as you can see in the picture is a bit long. Personally I feel that it is a bit long for someone my age (it hit a little past my knee). So I took the dress to the tailor to have it hemmed and I love the way that it turned out! I am thinking that I will pair it with my black Tory Burch sandals and my usual jewelry (pearls, tennis bracelet and my Michael Kors watch).



Outfit number two is also super cute, I am a little torn myself as to which I will be sporting this Wednesday! This outfit is really laid back and if it is going to be super hot like it has been these past few weeks this outfit will be perfect! In this outfit I paired a pair of white Jcrew Chinos with a nautical top that I purchased at the Jcrew outlets a couple of weeks ago. The stripped tee in the picture is actually the kid's version, but mine looks exactly the same! For my shoes, I would probably wear white Jacks (just to keep with the red, white and blue theme). I am also thinking of wearing a red bow in my hair (my hairs would be half up, half down for the day). I have seen it on pinterest and am considering trying it out! Jewelry would be simple as always!




Outfit number three is a twist on outfit number two! Instead of pairing my white chinos with a nautical striped shirt I decided to put it with a navy Jcrew ruffle blouse (it even has polka dots!) The shirt is super cute and I know polka dots are in this season, so this option is definitely "trendier". White Jacks and simple jewelry would finish off the look!

Honestly this fourth of July, my best advice would be to wear something that you are comfortable in! So if you love maxi dresses go for that, or if you are a shorts and tshirt kind of girl maybe option number two is a way to spice up your usual look! What outfits are you guys wearing for the fourth?
xoxo,
lRn

No comments:

Post a Comment