Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Rain rain go away  .....no wait stay! It is raining here today and as much as I would love for it to stop, I love any excuse to bring out my rain gear! I love rain coats, rain boots, fun umbrella's (you get the picture.) So here are a few rain essentials I think every girl should have:

The North Face
Let's start with The North Face rain jacket. I have this in black and I am obsessed with it. I think every girl should have a lightweight jacket like this one, especially college gals. It has definitely been a lifesaver! They are super lightweight, easy to carry and come in all sorts of fun colours! Also if love The North Face, but aren't so keen on spending 90 dollars try looking in your local North Face outlet! You won't find all of the colour options that they have online but they will usually have this jacket in black and white and for a fraction of the price!

Burberry Trench
Okay so the Burberry Trench is classic. My mother has one and I love it! This is on my lust list for after college because I don't really have a need for it right now. My parents always told me to save some purchases so that I have something to look forward to, and I am definitely looking forward to this being in my closet one day! I see myself wearing this when I graduate and am entering the corporate world! Now enough about jackets, let's move on to shoes....

Hunter Rain Boots
Hunter boots are all the rage right now so it would be silly for me not to include them. Like the North Face jacket, these boots come in a variety of colours! Mine are black and I chose the matte look. The glossy ones are SUPER shiny so if you choose those make sure you have seen them in person! I love my Hunter boots but I guess the only issue that I have with them is how heavy they can be! Other than that they are perfect!

Jcrew Jelly Flats
Another option for those ladies who do not like the look of rain boots would be to get some sort of jelly flat! I personally have never owned a pair but I just might have to! I know that brands like Jcrew and Tory Burch offer them! So if you are interested, browse around and see what you like!

Burberry Rain boots
What can I say I am a Burberry lover. I actually put these rain boots on here as another option to the Hunter ones above. I personally have two pairs of rain boots, a Hunter and Burberry pair. The Burberry ones were my first rain boots (I got them for Christmas my junior year) and have been wearing them ever since. They are very durable, super light weight and go with everything. They even come with a cute box (which I kept and used to store my horse show ribbons in.) If you like Burberry but want something of theirs that is on the cheaper side this would be a great option! Finally umbrellas....

Vera Bradley
On my university's campus I saw a lot of girls carrying around Vera Bradley umbrellas! They aren't too expensive and if you like Vera Bradley patterns these fun umbrellas are sure to spice up your gloomy day!
Lilly Pulitzer
Who doesn't love Lilly?! These are super super SUPER cute! I have seen them in person and definitely wouldn't mind having one! Although I am not sure if I want my umbrella to be this "loud" just yet if you know what I mean. If you like Lilly umbrellas Rue La La will sometimes have them in their Lilly accessories sale! I saw this one there the last time for only 19 dollars. I currently have a Jcrew Polka dot umbrella (not pictured) and I love it!

I think the main thing to remember on rainy days is this: wear what you are comfortable in! It's already yucky outside, don't wear something just to look cute! Whatever you like wear it, and I guarantee your rainy day will be that much better :)
xoxo,
lRn


1 comment:

  1. I have that North Face jacket in a tealish color and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete