Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What's On Your Counter?

So yesterday as I was getting ready to go out I was struck by the sheer amount of beauty products that I have. I mean it's kind of insane and when you really take the time to stop and look the amount of products you have can surprise you. I think what happens is I go into stores like Sephora and Ulta and always leave with some new product to try. I seem to forget that my collection steadily increases every time I do that.  So then I thought why not share my crazy bathroom counter with my followers! Hopefully I am not alone in my product addiction!

Some of the goodies on my counter!


Item 1: Alright, so starting on the very left is my Clinique turnaround face mask! I bought this because I wanted to try something new! I love love love face masks (I think my addiction started when I was young). I always remember sitting in my mother's bathroom late at night, just watching her put on her weekly face mask before she went to bed! I seriously love this stuff! You start with a clean face and then apply! You leave it on for about five minutes or longer. I always forget that I have it on but no worries nothing will happen if you accidentally  leave it on for longer than suggested. Then when the time is up you simply scrub it off, and then voila your face is as good as new! I made all of my friends try it and they all say that it leaves their skin super soft! It's also great because your face has a shimmer to it once it's rinsed off!



Item 2: Next up is my Elizabeth Arden cleansing toner! I usually sweep this over my face in the morning, at night or both just depending on my mood! I really like it, and it is one of my favourite toners out there (and I have tried many). I like it because my face isn't terribly dry after I use it.



Item 3: In the front to the left is my Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel. To be honest I usually just use this as a back up when I am out of my other lotion. I personally don't think that it hydrates my skin all that well so I am not a huge fan of it, but it definitely works in a pinch.



Item 4: Petroleum jelly is front and center! I usually just put some on my lips at night to keep them soft after I have brushed my teeth and such. Now I have tried everything from expensive 30 dollar lip balms to the cheap, regular ones like vaseline and I must say regular old vaseline works every time. 



Item 5: Right next to my petroleum jelly is my Bobbi Brown make up remover. I can not say enough good things about it! I love it. It always removes all of my make up, it smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling silky soft! You can even use it to just wash your face off! It gets the job done. 



Item 6: On the far right is my Clinque liquid facial soap for oily skin. I like this facial soap a lot! I use it in the mornings because it is really gentle and doesn't aggravate my face and at night I use Murad's mild acne wash to keep blemishes away! I like how I can pump out the amount I want instead of having to flip off a cap. It makes my life so much easier!



Item 7: Last but not least is my baby pink Clarisonic Mia 2. I do not know where I would be without this thing. This year over spring break I went home and begged my mother to take me to Sephora so I could see what everyone was raving about. Thirty minutes later I walked out of the store with one and 2 weeks later my mother went back and bought one for herself. I personally chose the Mia 2 because I wanted the option of having two speeds instead of just one (which is what you would have if you buy the regular Mia). 
 
**Not pictured is my Chi on the floor which I stood on to get this picture (whoops!)

So those are some of the beauty products sitting on my counter. I show you guys every item but we would be here for days! What are your favourite items? I am thinking of switching to Mario Badescu products. I've heard great things about that line, do you guys know anything about it?

xoxo, 
lRn

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a product junkie! I love st. ives scrub for cleansing, ceraVE day moisturizer, and Lancome and Bobbi Brown creams for night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this and kind of getting a peek into bloggers lives :)
    My favs: definitely the 1-2-3 step method by Clinique (though I'm going to need to try that mask), eye believe eye serum, kiehls #1 lip balm, a new serum I just received by (ehh idk) and an Occitane shower cream. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete