Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunrise Cafe

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend! Hopefully you guys got out even if it was just for a little bit! I know I was dying to get out of the house! This weekend was definitely jam packed! I worked on Friday, ran some errands on Saturday and had dinner with my mother, cousin and her boyfriend on Sunday! It was so hot, but I wasn't about to let that stop me from wearing a cute outfit for the occasion! I wore my white Jcrew chinos with an eclair top that I got from Nordstrom! I paired it with my gucci watch and my gold bracelets. For shoes I wore my black Tory Burch sandals!

OOTD
I was so excited to see my cousin Tracy! I literally haven't seen her in almost 8 years. The last time I saw her was when I was moving to Switzerland! She had just graduated from NYU and came to help my family for the first couple of weeks since our nanny ended up getting deathly ill a week before we were supposed to leave! Gosh it's weird how much things have changed since then! She is now living in Sweden and working on her masters at University there! I am still surprised that she is staying there long enough to complete it. She loves to travel and is always moving every couple of years. She has lived all over; Uraguy, Australia, New Zealand, Maiyorca, Thailand etc. You name it she has either lived there or visited! I mean what can I say, we are an international family!

Downtown YS
Anyways we all met up at a restaurant in Yellow Springs called Sunrise Cafe. The food was so yummy! I wish I had taken a picture to share with you guys! I had pork chops with a peach sauce and mashed potatoes! It was to die for and I usually don't like pork so that's saying something!

Tractor Rides
Bonding with the baby goats

After dinner my mother and I left to get some ice cream from Young's Dairy! This ice cream place is the best. I have been going there ever since I can remember! Every time we came home to the States to visit, we would always drive up there and get ice cream.
Alright it's official I want a baby goat!

I mean Young's is probably the only ice cream place in town. You see Yellow Springs is a small town. Literally think Gilmore Girls style. Everyone knows everyone. I kid you not I didn't even grow up there (my mother did) but people will still randomly stop me on the street and say "are you so and so's daughter?" It is so weird. So like I said, this ice cream place is the place to be. My mother even worked there as a kid, for under minimum wage might I add. Let me tell you, nothing has changed since then except for the fact that the ice cream is no longer made directly on sight, but no one cares because it is still super yummy!)

More goats
This baby cow was seriously the sweetest!
There are all sorts of fun things to do while you are there from feeding the goats, to petting the new borns in the petting zoo! They also have mini golf, a baseball field and much more. Can you see why I enjoy going. I mean I am 19 and still get excited to go pet the baby goats!

Not a happy camper
So that was my weekend. I always enjoy going back there, I love small towns! Are there any places you guys can't get enough of? Ps: This is the face the dog made when she figured out that I was going out for a few hours. She is too funny, I just had to share!
xoxo,
lRn

2 comments:

  1. Those baby goats are beyond precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of the baby cow and goats! Your newest follower, thanks again for stopping by my blog, have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete