Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Liebster Award

First of all I just wanted to say thank you to Bailey over at Prep Headquarters for nominating me for the Liebster Award. That was so sweet and it literally made my day when I saw your comment! Since this post is going to be so long I promise not to ramble on! So without further ado, here are 11 facts about me!

1. I like my fruit to be plain. Seriously PLAIN. So like chocolate covered strawberries, bananas with whipped cream, apples with peanut butter (you get the picture)....yes those are all a no go for me. Sometimes I will be adventurous and add Splenda or sugar but that's rare. For example, my grandmother sent me an edible arrangements bouquet earlier this year while I was at school and it contained chocolate covered strawberries. Now if I was a normal person this would have made me super excited but sadly I am not. The end result was me handing out those babies left and right.

2. I get so so nervous when I meet new people. Shy doesn't even begin to cover it. I am super goofy once I get to know you, but most likely when you first meet me you'll think I am mute.


3. I have a minature poodle/bichon mix named Sherman and he is the love of my life. On paper it seems as though he is technically the "family" dog but everyone knows that he is mine mine mine. I trained him to do everything, from sit to how to play dead. Sherman is my best pal!

Sherman



4. I used to be absolutely terrified of horses. My mother sent me to the south of France one summer for horse camp to try something new(back then I wasn't really into horses like I am now.) Anyways I came back from camp thinking I was Stevie from the Saddle Club. So I convinced her to sign me up for real lessons! Long story short on the first day I got bitten and I refused to go back. I cried and cried but alas to no avail. She made me complete the lessons that she paid for which is funny because now I bet she wishes that she let me live in fear. It seems this sport racks up quite a hefty bill (sorry mum!)

5. Well this fact is somewhat personal but I figured I would just be brave and share so here goes. I still haven't had my first kiss. Yes I know everybody is always like "no way" or "I don't believe you" but it's true. I am saving it for someone special. Who they are exactly I still have yet to figure out. But kissing to me is something I consider to be special so I want to save it for someone who means something. Silly I know but I am weird like that!

6.  I have a serious shopping addiction. I blame my mother. We don't always see eye to eye on certain items but we definitely both love quality pieces, and quality is not cheap!

7. My favourite movie of all time is Under The Tuscan Sun. I want to will  live in Italy someday and have beautiful children with a very nice looking Italian man (a girl can dream can't she!)

8. People never hear my name correctly whenever I say it. I will literally say "Hi I am Lisette" and they will respond with "Hi Lisa." It is so frustrating so instead of constantly correcting people I just go with it now. Eventually my real name will come up somehow and I will tell them but until then I respond to whatever name they think I said.

9. I love to read. I have been reading ever since Montessori school. I also have this weird thing where once I start reading a book (even if I hate it I have to finish it.) No exceptions.

10. I am grumpy when I don't get enough sleep. And when I say grumpy I mean I practically walk around with a "approach with caution sign" tattooed on my face.

11. I am a people pleaser. I will go to the moon and back to make the people that I love happy. It literally only takes me a second to like you once I meet you so that basically means I will do anything for anyone!

Here are the questions that Bailey asked:

1.Where do you usually shop?
- I shop all over the place. I will usually shop at Nordstrom or Saks for my staples like jeans/shoes (things like that!) I also love Jcrew, Lilly Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren, Lacoste and Ann Taylor to name a few!

2. Have you ever traveled anywhere that interests you?
-I have traveled everywhere! All of the places that I have traveled hold a special place in my heart! I must say some of my favourites places have been Prague, Nice and the Czech Republic!

3. Why did you start blogging?
-I started blogging because I had been reading other people's daily and thought it might be nice to make my own. Everyone looked so friendly and I definitely wanted to be a part of it!

4.What is the most fun thing you have ever done?
-Hm that's a tough one! I rode camels in Morocco! Camels are definitely characters so that was something that I will always remember!

5.Who do you want to meet before you die?
-I would love to meet Katherine Middleton someday! I love everything about her and have always wanted to meet someone from the royal family! I would also love to meet George Morris. He is the coach of the USA's olympic riding team! A lot of my friends have done clinics with him but I just never got around to signing up! He is definitely someone that I want to meet in the near future!

6.Which social network are you more addicted to or use more?
-I definitely like Facebook a lot. I know that it isn't as fun/cool as it used to be but I can't bring myself to delete it because of all of the pictures I have on there. I mean you can literally see me go from ugly duckling to normal person with the click of a button. I can't get rid of that just yet!

7. What song gives you goosebumps when you hear it?
-Kissing You by Desiree or Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden

8. What's your favourite restaurant?
-My favourite restaurant here would have to be the Thai restaurant by my house called Banana Leaf. One of my friends from the barn owns it and the food is DELICIOUS!

9.Who inspires you and why?
-I know this is cliche but my mum. She is everything that I hope to be and more. She is the strongest woman that I know and she has set such a wonderful example for my siblings and I. I wouldn't be who I am today without her guidance and patience so for that I will always be grateful!

10. Which college team to you pull for?
-I don't really watch sports! So I have no idea! I mean UK won March Madness last year so let's go with them!

11. What's your favourite song?
-I have so many that it is impossible to name them all! But I love Right Here Waiting For You by Richard Marx!

Now I know that I am supposed to tag readers and make up my own questions, but since this post is so long I will attach them to tomorrow's! Hope you guys enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me!

xoxo,
lRn

3 comments:

  1. 1. Your dog is so damn cute I can barely handle it!
    2. As a new(ish) follower of your blog I can definitely confirm you have a bit of a shopping habit lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my fruit plain too it i sweet enough already without throwing it in chocolate. although i will never regret a piece of chocolate either...

    ReplyDelete