Friday, July 13, 2012

The New Book Bag!

TGIF! Can you guys tell from the all caps that I am ready for the weekend! This week was hectic as you all know from my lame post yesterday! What's worse is this weekend, if you can believe it, will be just as busy! On Saturday I am picking up/dropping off more things at the tailor, grabbing brunch with my mum and a friend, shopping for some dorm things and getting ready for a party later that night! On Sunday I have my follow up appointment at the eye doctor and I have a couple of horses to ride at the barn while their owners are on "leurs vacances." PHEW! I think the reason that I feel so busy is because I leave for school in just a couple short weeks and I still have a lot to do! That being said, for this school year I am thinking of switching my totes/backup up and am on the lookout for a new bag! But first let's start with what I used this year!

VV Tote
Let's start with the ever so classic VV tote. Mine is navy blue and has little pink whales on it! I. love. it. It is so easy to carry around whether I am going to class or even out to lunch. I also really like how durable it is (let me tell you this school year it put up with a lot of abuse.) It is definitely a winner in my book and is a great option for when you don't feel like carrying your back pack.

LL Bean Tote
Another option that I used this year was my monogrammed LL Bean Tote. Mine is this exact colour, except I opted for the longer handles instead (which I would definitely recommend!) I would definitely go with the medium size as compared to the large because the large is WAY too big to tote around campus. I also have the larger one in navy but I use that to hold all of my riding goodies!

North Face Backpack
On days when I am feeling traditional, I opt to use my trusty backpack. I have been using North Face backpacks since my sophomore year of high school! I really really like them. They are sturdy and will definitely last you 4+ years. My one from high school is still in really good shape! I ended up buying a new one when I started college mainly because I needed one that could hold my 15 inch laptop comfortably! In addition, at the beginning of each school year I will usually go to Michael's or some sort of craft store and pick up some cute ribbon. I use it to tie a bow on my handle that way I always know which one is mine!

Vera Bradley Tote
Yet another option is my Vera Bradley Tote. I found this gem last year at my university book store. I saw it from afar and figured it couldn't hurt to have one more(sorry if you are reading this mum, I have an addiction.) I have this print and it is called Tea Garden I believe. These totes are so roomy and I definitely tend to carry this one on campus when I have a heavy class schedule!

Longchamp Le Pliage
What type of girl would I be if I didn't include the Longchamp Pliage in my post, a staple in my tote collection. I have the one above (I loved the eiffel tower on the front, I just could't pass it up) and a plain pink one. I like using these bags when I have a light class schedule because otherwise they hurt my shoulder. Carrying these bags around when you have a ton of books and a laptop is NOT fun!  I like having two because it gives me the flexibility to switch colours (I am thinking of getting a navy one as well, but we will see!)

Marc Jacobs
This is what I am thinking of getting this upcoming school year! I have heard such great things about this particular tote and I really think I would get a lot of use out of it. I also really like how it's made out of nylon! That way if I buy it and it gets dirty I won't feel so bad!

What are you guys using to carry around your books or work supplies? Any recommendations?
xoxo
lRn

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm also a college student & im searching for a nice bag for back to school! I have to advise you NO to the Northface backpack! Backpacks ruin outfits! I'm a huge fan of the Marc Jacobs and the Long Champ Le Pilage ! I think I'm going to purchase a new all black Long Champ Le Pilage for back to school!

    Check me out, follow back?

    summerxkim.blogspot.com

    xoxo =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that long champs tend to hurt my shoulder after a long day of class. VV totes seem better about that. When it's rainy and I have lots to carry, there is nothing like a good a Northface backpack to get you through the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I graduated but did the North Face backpack (when the book load was a bit heavy) Longchamp totes, a cloth tote from Neiman Marcus Hawaii, a messenger bag, the list went on. I always switched it up. You DEFINITELY have New England style (VV is our JAM) lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated your blog for an award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am actually carrying that exact marc jacobs bag!!! it is perfect and fits my mac like a charm!!

    love K

    ReplyDelete