Friday, July 20, 2012

Statement Necklaces

Happy Friday everyone! It feels so weird to say, this week just flew by! It's scary because like always I am happy that the week is over but then I am also sad because that means that school is that much closer! Where did the time go! All this talk about summer almost being over brings me to my topic. Statement necklaces. At the start of the summer my friend aFk tried to convince me to add a statement necklace to my collection. Now anyone who knows me can tell you that I am a minimalist when it comes to jewelry. Now statement necklaces at the time were just starting to become really popular around where I live, but I still wasn't all that convinced that I needed one. I think one I was scared that I couldn't pull it off and two I wasn't sure that I could find one that I liked. Well that all changed when I found this gem in turquoise:

Jcrew Bubble Necklace
I am now the proud owner of the Jcrew bubble necklace. I am in LOVE with it. It goes with absolutely everything! I really like the turquoise colour because it is versatile. It looks great with a yellow shirt like this but I also think that it would pop when put with darker colours like black! *Side note: aFk showed me this necklace at the beginning of the summer and I was not a fan. I didn't like it at all and definitely couldn't see myself wearing it. Well I have converted over and here is my most sincere apology for not seeing how cute this necklace was from the beginning*  Here are some other cute necklaces that I found! They are to die for!

Monogrammed necklace

No explanation needed. I monogram everything as it is, so this necklace would fit in perfectly with my lifestyle. Also very versatile, you could wear this with just about anything.



This necklace could be fun for a glitzy night out. If you paired this with your favourite black dress you would be good to go!

This Kate Spade is sure to please. I could also be partial to this necklace because of the bow! I like anything with a bow. Seriously....anything

aFk

Look at aFk rocking her statement necklace! How cute is she! Do you guys have a statement necklace? What do you wear them with?
xoxo,
lRn

2 comments:

  1. I was really into wearing statement necklaces about two years ago and then stopped and now they are back in hahaha! I love wearing them..I think they can make a simple t-shirt and shorts Summer outfit extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love all of these necklaces! I've been coveting a monogrammed one for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete