Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Girls On HBO


Today is all about the show Girls! It premiered in April on HBO and recently the season just ended! I started watching this show based on the recommendation of another blogger. So after finishing the first season what is my final verdict? I AM HOOKED! 

The Whole Gang

It is honestly one of the weirdest shows I have ever watched but something about it just works. The girls are hilarious and their stories are so original. This show is such a breath of fresh air, I could rave about it for days.


Hannah
Hannah is the aspiring writer of the group. She is SO funny and quirky. She is always getting herself into all kinds of weird situations. Honestly you can't help but love her, and the problems she faces are definitely some that I can relate to. Especially in the awkward department.

Marnie
Marnie is known as the uptight or responsible one. She is Hannah's roommate in NY or also known as her best friend. I love her partly because I share some of her type A personality traits. I also like her character because she has THE perfect boyfriend. Like if I was to conjure up a guy, it would be him!

Jessa
Jessa is the jet setter! She has traveled all over the world and is probably the most adventurous of the group. She is your go to party girl and is always out enjoying what life has to offer! I really like her character and she reminds me a lot of my best friend. (Like I said this show is so relatable!)

Shoshanna
Last but not least is Shoshanna. She is Jessa's cousin and attends NYU! Oh my goodness where do I even start with this girl. She is my favourite character on the show. It really is sad how much my life resembles hers. She is the bubbly one. Basically on a scale of 1 to 10, she is a 10 at.all.times. All of the hilarious mistakes that she makes combined with her awkwardness in social situations make her the funniest by far of the group. All of my friends that watch this show always tell me that I am her, and after watching it myself I couldn't agree more!

So that Girls! I'm sorry if the descriptions of each character aren't that deep, I just don't want to spoil anything (it is THAT good!) If you guys haven't already watched the show I would definitely give it a go! You won't be sorry and you will definitely get your fair share of laughs! Have any of you seen the show?

xoxo,
lRn

Ps: Like any show on HBO this was definitely created with the intent of reaching a more mature audience! There are not too many terribly racy scenes but it definitely is not for youngsters!

2 comments:

  1. I've only watched a few episodes but LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. You're right it's incredibly realistic I can see myself a little in each character. I love love love the ep where she dances to "Dancing on My Own."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to watch it, your right sounds very real!

    ReplyDelete